October 13, 2009

Surgery success

My grandmother was taken into the O.R. at about 8:30 ish or so. She got out of surgery at about 11 this morning. Everything went great. My sister and I went up and saw her after school today (with two stops on the way to drop off homework to my "brother" and stopping at Chick-Fil-A and ended up seeing my ex there and talking with him). We drove up to Marlton by ourselves, and did perfectly fine. She is in some pain, but she only used the Morphine Pump about four times that my mom knows of. Four times since about 11 this morning. That's my grandmother for ya! lol
They hooked her leg up to this machine that would bend at the angle they set it to and it would bend and flex her leg for her. They had her on the machine for about 3 hours or so. And she actually had her first round of P.T. today as well. They didn't think she was going to until tomorrow, but since she got back to her room before 2, the physical therapists gave her a visit. They even had her up and walking around and putting weight on it. She did complain that it hurt alot. But after all that she has been through, I would be surprised if it didn't.

So that's the update on my grandmom. And now I'm exhausted and will probably go to bed soon. It has been a LONG day.
Please continue to keep my grandmom in your prayers!

2 comments:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I am so glad that everything went well. And I will keep her in my prayers for speedy healing.

Tonya said...

I am so glad that everything went well yesterday!! (-:

She'll be eating chicken marsala before we know it. LOL

Robotics things

Team 316