May 29, 2009
2. I hate tomatoes.
3. My favorite health and beauty product is currently being searched for.
4. I do enjoy a nice long ride.
5. Well, first of all I can't believe half the people here in this town I live in and their stupid crazy drama.
6. Collin and me; those were the cast of characters in a recent dream and it was pretty sweet.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to movie night with Shannon, tomorrow my plans include going to Shelby's graduation party and Sunday, I want to actually have something to do!
May 23, 2009
|Make a Smilebox scrapbook|
Hope you enjoy! :)
May 22, 2009
1) I got out of school today. :) I do love robotics at times. LOL
2) Harrisburg is over an hour and a half away from here. That means....More sleep on the way up and back!!! :) And also means that people who I
3) I realized just now I only have 16 more days til school gets out :D YAY!!!!!!!!!!
4) I drove on 295. Very fun :)
5) We played mini golf after we got done with the robotics thing. I got a sunburn on my shoulders, but it was still fun. <3
yea, I apologize for the shortness.....Today was a boring day.
May 17, 2009
At about 11 something, I got picked up by RoseAnn so she could do my hair. She did my hair, which took about 2 hours for her to do. Then, her son actually redid my nail polish since it got messed up. Yes, I said her son did my nail polish. He didn't do too bad on it actually. But, that's besides the point.
I got home at around 2:30. At around 3:30, Mimi and Poppop pulled in, dropping Shannon off. They decided it was pointless to go home and then come right back here, they stayed at my house for half an hour. Shannon helped me get dressed. It was then that we realized that I really needed safety pins to help hold up my dress. My grandfather put two safety pins in the back to help hold the straps where they needed to be. Things looked somewhat better, but I grabbed the shawl to make sure that everything stayed covered. haha.
At around 4 ish, Collin pulled up, and so did Tonya, Jen, Denise, Cory, and Ally. That's when the thousands of pictures started. There were some really funny pictures taken too. There were more than one that had him looking like he was torturing me (he was actually tickling me) and many that were forced smiles from him. Out of all the ones that Tonya and Jen took (Denise hasn't put her pictures up yet), this was my favorite of me and him
:) It makes me feel so loved everytime I look at this picture lol
Then his grandparents came. Which meant, even more pictures. Then his dad's grandparents came. We went out front for a few pictures with them. Then it was time for us to go to the school.
Luckily, we got to the school before the rest of them did. I love him having a sports car :D lol So, we got to the school and went in the cafeteria for the professional pictures. I felt bad for the guy cuz we had 3 different packages ordered and then also the junior academy that was there (minus Clay apparently lol) also did a group picture. AND my mom also ordered the keychains, so he had to take like, 5 different pictures. Oh well. lol
Then it was time for pre-prom. Let me just say that I HATE pre-prom. Of course, Mr. Gallagher said our names wrong....He said, "Next we have sophomore Samantha Curl escorted by junior Collin Sciol" or something like that. I was thinking "omg. how do you get the names wrong!?" but, we got off the stage and it was all good. lol
We sat on the bus for a while waiting to leave. Finally, we got to the place where prom was. It was GORGEOUS. We got there 45 minutes late tho. You know how pissed Bonny and I were???? lol
We ate food, danced, took pictures, and just had lots of fun. I forgot to take pictures during prom, but a bunch of the juniors did. So, pictures were taken lol :) All the girls in the academy were happy cuz I got Collin to dance. I think Bonny's exact words were "Ohmygod. Collin, you've danced all night. Sam, I love you!!!" hahaha it was funny. And yes, I did get him to dance practically all night.
Prom got done at 11. We got the two keychains Mom ordered. Collin even gave me his jacket to wear. :) We piled onto the bus, and I very rapidly fell asleep on Collin. lol He knew it was going to happen too. haha We got back to the school at about 12:15, where Fred was waiting to pick us up to bring me back home.
It was lots of fun. Obviously. :) lol
May 14, 2009
1) Mrs. Burke - She met with me today and listened to what I had to say about Mike. She said she was going to talk to him and have the vice principal talk to him as well. She says that they can't really write him up cuz no teacher actually heard him say it, but I'm pretty sure she is gonna try to. Either that, or I'll have other people tell her that they heard him say it, cuz I know they did.
2) Having a working lawn mower - Poppop cut the front yard, and I cut the rest of it today. On my awesome riding mower. You have no idea how happy I am about that. I learned how to mow my lawn with the push mower, and I hated every second of it. My grandfather's best friend promised me that when he died, I would get his John Deere. Well, his son tried to make my grandfather pay an ungodly price for it, so my grandfather said no. And now, the house that his friend lived in hasn't sold either. So, we're thinking that it's because Marvin's son didn't do what he wanted to. Back to my story....lol So, I didn't get the John Deere, but my grandfather did buy a different one from somebody down the street from us, so now I have a rider mower that works beautifully. :)
3) Drama from last year is behind almost everybody - Last year, there were some issues with some of the academy girls in the year ahead of me. They got worse in the beginning of the year, but after about a month or so of me and Collin going out, the issues got better. Now they are completely better and over with. And this afternoon right after school got done, Cara (one of the ones who didn't warm up to me right away) looked at me and said cheerfully, "See you tomorrow at prom!!" and gave me a big smile. Which makes me feel tons better cuz Collin and I are sitting with Cara, her boyfriend, Bonny, Sam, Christian, and a few other people tomorrow night at prom as well.
4) My friends - While yes, Cassie has now officially dropped out of school, she says she'll try her hardest to be at my house tomorrow to see me all dressed up and she'll definitely be at pre-prom to see me. My friend Addam (inside joke on his name lol) said that if Mike says anything again, he'll take care of things and then made me laugh by making fun of Mike. Montrey said that he'll back me up on things with Mike. Eric said that he'll back me up too.
5) My dad being a lawyer - Knowning that he is a lawyer helps me stay calm in most situations. I know that if nothing happens with Mike saying things that if I just mention that Dad is a lawyer and handles things like this periodically, something will be done about it. I also know that he goes into court for things all the time and he is always under stressful situations. Knowing that helps me realize that no matter how hard things get for me, I can always make it through them.
6) My boyfriend - You knew that one was gonna be put on here. I can be as mad as I want to be, and he is always able to make me laugh. No matter how crappy I think I look or how mad I am, he always makes me feel better by saying 3 simple words: I love you. He always thinks I look gorgeous and he can make me smile and laugh as if it's as simple as blinking.
My mind went blank on the other things I was going to write that I'm thankful for. I did have to say those 6 things tho. Like, I just had to.
May 13, 2009
Ok, now that THAT is over....haha :) here is my DIG for day 23. I think it's 23 anyway.
1) Kristin and I went to a Pilates class at the YMCA tonight. We went last week (with Mom as well). This time tho, Mom wasn't able to come cuz of a BOE meeting. So, Kristin took me instead cuz she hates working out and doing these classes by herself. It also gave me a chance to chill in the car on the way there with her two kids :)
2) I was one of the 5 people who got an A on the pre-calc test. I got better than Christian even. That is HUGE!!!
3) Mom got me Allegra D :) that is ALWAYS a good thing. And, it was the sample ones too, so they didn't cost us a penny. Even better!!! :)
4) I did get to spend some time with Collin today outside of school. It involved robotics, but still. Any time with him is always good :) And, on top of it, it's our 7 months today. Which makes it even better. <3
5) Prom is in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
May 11, 2009
During lunch, he sits at my table. Not by any of our choices but his own. I sit at the opposite side of the table, and like always, I was talking to Ben. Mike then looked at me from his end of the table and said, "Did anybody give you permission to speak, wench?" and then proceeded to call me a wench and say how I must have permission to speak.
Now, at that point, I lost it. I cussed him out, which was not at all Christian like or lady like of me. I had it tho. Like, seriously. How was I supposed to sit there and take the crap he was dishing out to me?
Well, just a few minutes ago, I decided to look up the definition for wench, just to make sure that I wasn't totally being unreasonable with my flipping out. (Which I really wasn't. He was being sexist and saying how I have to have permission to speak. Not gonna take that.) Here is what the definition of wench says according to Dictionary.com:
1. a country lass or working girl: The milkmaid was a healthy wench.
2. Usually Facetious. a girl or young woman
3. Archaic. a strumpet
-verb (used without object)
4. to associate, esp. habitually, with promiscuous women
I then looked up the definition of strumpet too. Just to see what that said to see if I was being unresonable again. Here is what THAT said:
a prostitute; harlot.
So, because he called me a prostitute pretty much, I'm going to tell my second block teacher and schedule a guidance appointment to tell Mrs. Burke exactly what he said. I'll even say who was at the table when it was said and who can vouch for the fact that he said that. I'm not dealing with this crap anymore. It's pathetic and stupid and childish. I hope that for him saying that, he gets kicked out of the academy and gets put on some type of probation at school and suspended. It's sexual harassment (I'm pretty sure) and he has already gotten in trouble for it once in freshman year when he was harassing me. And Mr. S won't tolerate it. And Mr. Lower ESPECIALLY won't tolerate it.
!@#$ I hate guys. Sexist ones the most.
*Mind you, the hatred of guys does not include my darling boyfriend who is totally backing me up on tell Mr. Lower. He is also very proud of me that I am even going to tell Mr. Lower to begin with since I hate telling people in authority like Mr. Lower the problems that are going on. What ends up happening most times is that it gets to the point where I break down or somebody else tells the person in authority for me and I just have to tell what happened at that point. Not come out and tell them from the beginning like I'm planning on doing tomorrow.
May 9, 2009
Yepp. Lunacy. It's insane. :)
we were all really hyper...
Collin and Ally were drive team during elimination rounds. Collin had gotten a migraine shortly before hand, which totally sucked. but, he fought through it. He was an awesome driver :)
It's amazing to find a picture of me and Mom where she likes it and her eyes are open. VERY rare too. So, this is a good picture :)
Shelby, Christian, Rachel, and Mikey getting ready for a match. We had fun! :)
Yea, I know this wasn't much of an update, but I gotta go fold laundry. So, I might give an actual update later. :)
May 8, 2009
My "brother" Eric is the best. There is this kid Mike who is a total jerk. To me and to everybody else. Well, Eric and I have become pretty good friends this year, and he constantly is standing up for me on things. Well, Mike has been getting on Eric's nerves lately, and when I was texting Eric today, he flat out said that he is sick of Mike's crap and sick of how he treats me and everybody and that he will always defend his sister. Meaning me. :) I felt so loved at that moment. and even now when we're talking on AIM, he is saying how he will always stick up for me and crap. I complain about the academy guys, but it's guys like Eric who make me realize that yea, I do love them all. Well, for the most part anyway lol
My next thing now....:
I'm asking for your thoughts tonight and tomorrow. More tomorrow than tonight really. Tomorrow is our first off season competition, and as of last night, our robot wasn't able to pick up the orbit balls without spazzing almost. Which is not a good thing. We haven't gotten it fixed yet since one of the mentors took it home on Thursday and didn't bring it back to the shop. *No names are being mentioned in this....* So, please pray that we get the robot fixed before the competition!!! Oh, and that I'm the operator and Collin is the driver. Selfish, yes. But, please. :)
May 6, 2009
Your Result: Gold
You are true blue. You have the vibrant qualities of Helium but you are not superficial. Your qualities are real and very deep. You are loyal, trustworthy, ethical, all of the things a Boy Scout would be. You are of great value to those around you simply because you care and are there for them when they truly need help. Who can say something bad about you? Except those who are jealous.
Hehehe that made me laugh
May 2, 2009
I want to thank Mr. Lower, my pre-calculus teacher. And I'll tell you why.
For some time, the majority of the academy guys in my year have been making fun of my sister and have been constantly saying her name and making stuff up all cuz she goes out with Christian, another academy guy in my year. I've done my best to ignore them and forget about them.
Yesterday was the last straw, however. Yesterday was a bad day for me, cuz I was PMSing, I had taken a test in the class before that I'm sure I'm going to fail, and I was just not happy. Mr. Lower noticed I wasn't smiling, so he got me to smile by saying that Collin almost got a 4 on his practice AP Calc test they took. Which yea, got me to smile alot. So, things started to look up.
After we took the notes for that day and started on our classwork, the guys started up again. I couldn't handle it. I started to get teary eyed. My friend Franny saw, and so she kept asking me if I was ok. Trying to act like it was, I kept saying I was fine. She and Amanda saw through it tho. And my eyes weren't helping either (getting REALLY watery by that point). So, Franny asked me if I wanted to go to the bathroom, got up, and walked with me up to Mr. Lower in the front of the room to ask if she could take me to the bathroom to freshen up.
He asked me what I was crying about cuz he hates to see the girls cry. I pointed to all the academy guys, trying to hide the tears. He walked out to the hallway with me and Franny, and I told him what the guys had been doing. He told me not to worry about it, and that he would handle it. Franny and I went to the bathroom.
While we were in the bathroom talking about things, Mr. Lower had taken all the guys out that I had named (including my "brother" Eric who I had said wasn't really saying anything) and lectured them about how it's wrong to disrespect girls and stuff like that. All the guys felt so bad about what had happened. Well, all except for one guy. And apparently when they all went back into the classroom, Mr. Lower slammed the door, which shows how mad he was.
Mr. Lower made a huge difference in the guys. Well, again, all but Mike, who apparently just laughed while the others all felt bad. The rest of the guys who would keep saying things stopped. During Spanish when Mike was saying things, Chris (who wasn't talked to) even said "Mike, you made her cry during pre-calc. Just shut your mouth." Chris doesn't really stand up for anybody, so him standing up for me made me feel so much better.
Mr. Lower, thank you so much for making a difference in all the guys.