November 20, 2009

Hypoglycemia

What is hypoglycemia?
It is when your blood sugar is too low.

Why am I even asking what it is?
Because I found out today that I am hypoglycemic. I did a 5-hour long glucose tolerance test yesterday, causing me to miss the entire day at school. And I found out that this morning during first block that I have hypoglycemia.

I want to cry. I want to scream. It makes me really worried. Cuz I will have this my whole life. I will never grow out of it. So for the rest of my life, I will constantly be watching my diet habits and how often I eat and what I eat and keeping a close eye on my blood sugar.

There are many symptoms hypoglycemia. Personally, I have experienced about 13 of them during one of my spells. The most common ones have been: Double/Blurry Vision, Fatigue, Ill Felling, Headache, Hunger, Dizziness, and Paleness.

I'm scared of what's in store for my future. Right now I feel like crying cuz it's so scary. At least, it is for me. So this should be an interesting few years.....=/

No comments:

Robotics things

Team 316