September 29, 2009

Crazy Day

Today - and these past few days - have been CRAZY. Today especially tho. My "brother" decided he was dropping the engineering academy. All cuz of AP Chem. Then my NHS meeting got rescheduled for tomorrow, which meant that my AP Chem exam was rescheduled for today. (MeM said it could be tomorrow cuz the NHS meeting was during chem.) It's a good thing I studied last night for the test anyway.

Tho today wasn't all bad. It was sad at times, but not horrible. I guess I should give some background info....
For those of you that read my post about Mr. Marvin, you'll know just how much he meant to me. Today would have been his 81 birthday. And since he meant so much to me, I had really wanted to go to the cemetery today to pay him a little visit. I had asked Collin last night if there was a chance he could take me by there today, and when I called him this afternoon to see if he was picking me up, he did. We had to drop off an application for Radio Shack for him and we stopped at the new Dunkin Donuts in Woodstown and the McDonald's in Woodstown for him to apply to those places for jobs as well. And afterwards, he drove me to the cemetery apon my request.
When we got there, I got out of the car and kinda squatted down in front of the grave (he is buried right along the road and Collin pulled up right in front of the grave). I just kinda sat there for a little bit and whispered happy birthday to Marvin. Next thing I hear, Collin is opening up his door and he came around to sit next to me. I started to cry a little bit, and Collin held me the entire time. I didn't expect Collin to get out of the car and come sit next to me, let alone let me cry into him while sitting there. Like, I knew that he wouldn't mind it if I cried, but it was surprising that he even got out of the car to sit there with me.
When I mentioned him getting out of the car on our way back to my house, he said that even tho I didn't specifically ask for him to get out with me, he knew I wanted him to. Which was true. It meant alot to me that he did it on his own tho, without me asking him to.

I've put Collin through a lot of shit. I really have. Recently and as far back as when we met. Yet he has always been there for me, through thick and thin. If you ever read this Collin, thank you so much for always being there for me and for putting up with me and my weird mood swings and all my crap. You were a great best friend before we started dating, and now you're even more of a great best friend. I love you babyboy <3

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I am glad Collin was there for you!!! That makes me very happy! He has grown up to be quite the gentleman, which I am sure makes all his parents happy. I can't believe he is a senior this year, and next year he'll be officially in college, he grew up way too fast. )-:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

This was so sweet. Collin is a great guy.....he must have had some really great parents or something, lol Right Tonya??

Robotics things

Team 316