May 11, 2009

It's official

It's official just how much I hate Mike. I know, I know. Hate is a strong word and shouldn't be used. But in this case, it is totally acceptable.

During lunch, he sits at my table. Not by any of our choices but his own. I sit at the opposite side of the table, and like always, I was talking to Ben. Mike then looked at me from his end of the table and said, "Did anybody give you permission to speak, wench?" and then proceeded to call me a wench and say how I must have permission to speak.
Now, at that point, I lost it. I cussed him out, which was not at all Christian like or lady like of me. I had it tho. Like, seriously. How was I supposed to sit there and take the crap he was dishing out to me?
Well, just a few minutes ago, I decided to look up the definition for wench, just to make sure that I wasn't totally being unreasonable with my flipping out. (Which I really wasn't. He was being sexist and saying how I have to have permission to speak. Not gonna take that.) Here is what the definition of wench says according to Dictionary.com:

-noun
1. a country lass or working girl: The milkmaid was a healthy wench.
2. Usually Facetious. a girl or young woman
3. Archaic. a strumpet

-verb (used without object)
4. to associate, esp. habitually, with promiscuous women

I then looked up the definition of strumpet too. Just to see what that said to see if I was being unresonable again. Here is what THAT said:

-noun
a prostitute; harlot.

So, because he called me a prostitute pretty much, I'm going to tell my second block teacher and schedule a guidance appointment to tell Mrs. Burke exactly what he said. I'll even say who was at the table when it was said and who can vouch for the fact that he said that. I'm not dealing with this crap anymore. It's pathetic and stupid and childish. I hope that for him saying that, he gets kicked out of the academy and gets put on some type of probation at school and suspended. It's sexual harassment (I'm pretty sure) and he has already gotten in trouble for it once in freshman year when he was harassing me. And Mr. S won't tolerate it. And Mr. Lower ESPECIALLY won't tolerate it.
!@#$ I hate guys. Sexist ones the most.

*Mind you, the hatred of guys does not include my darling boyfriend who is totally backing me up on tell Mr. Lower. He is also very proud of me that I am even going to tell Mr. Lower to begin with since I hate telling people in authority like Mr. Lower the problems that are going on. What ends up happening most times is that it gets to the point where I break down or somebody else tells the person in authority for me and I just have to tell what happened at that point. Not come out and tell them from the beginning like I'm planning on doing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Keep your head up Sam! Your doing the right thing, since this isnt a one time issue with him. Keep us posted how it goes....and see you on Friday :-)

Robotics things

Team 316