January 4, 2009

Lunacy I tell you! Lunacy!!

Alright. So, this year we are playing a game called Lunacy for the FIRST robotics. This game is extremely confusing actually, and the animation video will explain more than me attempting to would.
Here are what the "Moon Rocks" look like that we are playing with this year:

Isn't that gonna be interesting??? Haha We aren't that excited about it yet.....We're still trying to build the robot!


See? There are some people trying to figure out strategies for this year's game.


And this is a picture of me and Collin that our friend David took on Saturday. Bright and early in the morning. Haha.
So, we spent from 8 until 4:30 in the workshop yesterday. Then from 10 until a little after 4 today. I was able to get my uncle to come today, so chances are he's going to become a mentor. Which is good. He already is becoming cohorts - I mean friends - with our welder, Mr. Weick. Good thing....Right? Haha. Collin's mom, half brothers and stepdad picked us up and dropped us off at his dad's house. Poor Allyson was sick and throwing up when we got there. =[ It wasn't pretty. Fred made lasagna which was REALLY good. And then we left there at like 7:30 so I could be home by 8.
This weekend was fun ish I guess during robotics. But the next 6 weeks are gonna be hell on earth. It really is. But, it'll be worth it. We just gotta raise the money to go to Nationals this year. Cuz according to Mrs. Danner, this is our year to shine since the game is called Lunacy, and our team is called the LuNaTeCs. Oh! And on the note of raising money....I reached my goal of $800!! My grandmother from California sent us a check of $500, and since I only had a few 100 to go, Mrs. Danner and my mom decided to put as much of the money as I needed to get my $800, and then any other money me or my sister raises will be put towards her goal. Once she reaches her $800, we're gonna go back to splitting each amount half and half for us. =]

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Congrats on meeting your fundraising goal...FINALLY! Just kidding...we usually are last when it comes to fundraising!

I love the pic of you and Collin! I can't wait to see what the robot is going to look like, you guys have your work cut out for you!

I guess I need to start baking cookies for Mr. H already from what you two are telling me. (-:

Samkay said...

Haha yea, you probably should bake cookies for him....He was not happy at all with Collin. lol

Robotics things

Team 316